Monday, August 11, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps: Weekend Fun!

I have been having a blast keeping up with the daily stamping lessons in this online class.  There is so much I want to make, and only so much time!  This weekend, I CASE'd two cards that I thought were great.

The first was a card by online class instructor Kristina.  I really learned better how to use distress inks to produce watercolor results with this card.  And, the card featured one of my favorite techniques:  paper piecing.  I didn't have all the distress inks in pad form, but found that the distress markers worked just as well when colored onto an acrylic block or craft sheet first.  For the background, I colored on a piece of wax paper with the tumbled glass marker, and then stamped with the Salty Ocean color pad onto the bottom portion of the wax paper.



Ink: For background: Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass (marker) and Salty Ocean (pad)
For the animals:  Spiced Marmalade (fox), Faded Denim (monkey) and Stampin' Up Sahara Sand (bunny).  Cheeks colored with Worn Lipstick marker using blender pen. 
For the umbrellas:  Seedless Preserves, Peeled Paint, and Salty Ocean. Blender pen to blend
Outlines:  Staz On Jet Black Ink and Memento Tuxedo Black ink for sentiment.
Cardstock:  Stampin' Up's watercolor paper, So Saffron, Whisper White, Sahara Sand, Pool Party, and Naturals White.
Other:  Glossy Accents for umbrella tops, foam adhesive


The next card was just for fun and again copied from the class example.  I have been getting a lot of mileage out of my alphabet stamps!  I experimented with my new Koi watercolor set in 24 colors and was really impressed with how nice these watercolors are!



Cardstock:  Whisper White and Basic Black
Watercolors:  Koi watercolor sketch set in 24 colors
Background:  Stampin' Up embossing folder
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black and Signo white gel pen for highlighting.
Other:  Basic Black Baker's Twine

2 comments: