Saturday, September 8, 2012

Denver Regional SU! Conference

I had a great time today at the Denver Regional Stampin' Up! Conference.  It was a more low-key atmosphere than convention and I really liked getting to meet the Stampin' Up! team in person.  I also had a blast hanging out with my two friends Darci and Joanne who share my passion for stamping and paper crafting.  I learned all kinds of new ideas (including about 10 new ways to use Shimmer Paint)!  Bring on the glitz and sparkle for the holidays!

This card features River Rock and Basic Black colors.  It is difficult to see in this picture, but the butterflies are embossed in black embossing powder which helps them to really stand out and provide additional texture.  River Rock is one of the colors I use the least, but I really like how it pairs with black. I am glad that I used a color outside of my comfort zone.

Today I also learned that the stamp set 'Papillon Potpourri' is the most popular stamp set from the 2012-2013 Stampin' Up! Catalog this year.  I like it because it has so many different types of butterflies and also coordinates with the new Elegant Butterfly punch.  This card was made in less than 10 minutes start to finish!  So easy!
ProductDetails.aspx.jpg
Papillon Potpourri Stamp Set
Item # 123759 (clear mount) - $14.95 or
Item # 123757 (wood mount) - $18.95

Don't forget - if you are in the Northern Colorado Area, I am having a Stamp Class "Fall into Stamping" Friday September 21 at 7 pm in Loveland, CO. I will be featuring some products from the Holiday Catalog that will get you in the spirit of fall.  As the weather is finally starting to change, it will be the perfect time relax and get crafty!  Email me for details (see the top of my home page to send me a quick note!)

No comments:

Post a Comment